Thursday, January 17, 2013

Adding in some "fun" exercise

I think I admitted before, I don't care too much for exercise.   I find it rather boring and really, why run unless you're being chased by something scary.   Like a bear.  Or zombie.

But obviously, I need to start adding some activity (other than taking the stairs) in order to restore my health.   Am I wrong that I want it to be fun?

A friend of mine and I took a Zumba class once and um...I'm not very coordinated.   So we made up our own dance moves.   We were cracking up (and about half the class was cracking up at us) and we were having FUN!





So I've been trying to think of some other ways that are low cost (see the month where I restore my wallet...right now, it's a little on the lean side) and most of all, FUN!

So I've been thinking about a little of this:


I have to admit though, the last time I went ice skating, I fell.   HARD.   And almost gave myself a concussion.

This looks like fun:


And maybe add a little "spice" for my husband?

Speaking of my husband...I'm trying to think of ways that he and I can get in some fun exercise together.  



We've been talking for years about taking some sort of dance lessons together.   Tango?  Swing?  Salsa? Two-Step?  Haven't decided, but I think it's time to figure it out!


Or this:



Because, we live in Colorado for Heaven's Sake!

As is the usual, I am open to suggestions.   What type of exercise do you find fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment